Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Good morning Tuesday!

Good morning everyone, hope you and your family are looking after yourselves and keeping safe.
Today we'll start with our favourite warm-up activities which you can access on the link below.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lm4rSMDOR8




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAsP7TYPYcc


Activity 1.
Here is a rhyming number bonds for you to write down and practice.  It will help you to remember your number bonds by heart.

6 + 4   Knock at the door; Lions can roar;...
4 + 6   We're in a fix; Pick up sticks;...
5 + 5   Bees in a hive; Duck and dive;...
3 + 7   Chocolate heaven; Holidays in Devon;...
7 + 3   Busy Bee; Birds in a tree;...
2 + 8   Shut the gate; Peas on a Plate;...
8 +2    Sky is blue; Cows say moo;...
1+ 9    Weather is fine; Fishing line;...
9+1     Hot cross bun; Having fun;...
10+0   You're my hero; Emperor Nero;...

You can think of your own rhyme for each of them e.g
6+4 My foot is sore!  
You can think of a much better one I'm sure!

Activity 2

Go to our phonics link and practice the different ways of spelling for the ee phoneme.  You can play phoneme spotter and word sort just like we do in class.  Get yourself a piece of paper or just use your spare book inside the pack and divide it into sections like we do with our white boards.  You can then play lots of the other games on phonics play like the pirate game.  All this will help with your reading.
Click on the link below
https://www.phonicsplay.co

Here are our tricky words to practice for this week
said, so, have, like   
Can you write a sentence with those words included? 

Activity 3

Look outside your window and draw very carefully what you can see.  So, from my window I can see my washing blowing on the line, flowers in pots, moss on the ground, the garage door, ivy growing up the walls, coloured solar lights hanging up, a rose bush, a table and chairs, daffodils and I can hear birds but I can't spot them.  You can add as much detail as possible and colour.  If you want you can imagine what you would like to see outside of your window instead. For example the blue sea and a sandy beach.

Image result for garden cartoon




Image result for beach cartoon

Remember to look through your pack for other things for you to practice at this time.  Look at the Home Daily Schedule inside your pack to help if need be.  

Reading, puzzles, playing in the garden or helping in the garden are relaxing things to do.

Have a lovely day 

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

good morning miss Rowland is me lindsay. hope you are doing well. just to tell you that i am doing all my home learning work. My mum is helping me alots. but i dont know how to upload my work and post it to you.
thanks stay bless i miss you all in christ the king

Mrs Rowland said...

Hi Lindsay
So nice to hear from you. You can send a message about your homework in the comment box but only text not images. Or you can take a photo of your work and send it to the year one email address that was in your pack.
Let me know if this works and if not Ill speak to Mr Purser to see what we can do to help.

Mrs Rowland said...

To get in contact its
year.1@ctk.education

Unknown said...

good morning miss Rowland I'm going to do maths this morning and read my book to my mum I'm missing you and my friends

Home learning highlights

Take a look at some of the home learning activities year 1 have completed so far 🌟 T